Sunday, June 9, 2013

What Does Losing Weight Have to Do With Making a Decision?




Losing weight was always a big deal for me. I wouldn't say that I was suffering from obesity, but as long as I remember most of the time I had some spare pounds. This was a real problem in my teen years. You know, hanging out with girls on a beach you want to look great. You desperately want to look great.
It wasn't any problem for me going to a gym with my friends as soon as almost everybody was there. Bodybuilding among the boys always was a trend. What was a real challenge for me that I loved to eat (and I still do!). My Mom is an excellent cook! She was graduated from a college as a cook, but a talent for cooking coming from her heart and soul. When we were growing up with my brother our Mom was feeding us with excellence! Losing weight was not a subject in our household. As an outcome of this story my brother was and still is a slim guy and I was always overweight.
I tried losing weight many times.
The more I tried the more I failed. There was always something in the way - either my excuses or a lack of determination. Lots of people try to change something in their lives from the next Monday, beginning of the month or my favorite one - from The New Year. I was one of them. I planned to quit smoking right after a New Year. I planned to stop overeating and start exercising regularly right after a New Year party. But it NEVER worked. My plan of losing weight was "going downtown".
I tried different diets and special exercises, but to my disappointment I always had poor results. Why? I had no idea. Over the years some wisdom came upon me. I realized that my mistake was in... trying. I shouldn't have tried losing weight. I should have made a DECISION to DO it! I just had a wish, a desire of losing weight without a real decision to do it. If you want to achieve something and get results - don't wait to the beginning of the month or a New Year. Make a freaking DECISION, put up a PLAN, and DO IT NOW!
Why am I so confident about it? I have already done it and achieved significant results. I made a decision of losing weight NOW! I set up my mind to it, draw a plan of action, and followed it. My goal was to drop 10 kg (22 lbs) over 7 weeks. I overshot my goal by 4 kg and slimmed down by 14 kg (31 lbs). Wow! I was amazed by my results. It is a great victory over my own excuses!
Before I started my transformation journey I had read lots of materials and pulled out many useful tips for myself which I want to share with you here.
- Have a healthy breakfast. Don't skip it.
- Run or walk your butt off every day.
- Cut at least one of your bad habits. You know which one.
- Exclude salty snacks from your diet.
- When exercise listen to the music. Get pumped up and excited.
- Lots of veggies.
- Add veggies to the food you love (not to the ice-cream).
- Turn off TV. Do something different.
- Leave a part of your meal on the plate. Save some room for healthy goodies.
- No eating after 7 p.m. (no matter what).
- Find like-minded people (social networks, forums).
- Educate yourself on a healthy lifestyle.
Some of my tips might not fit you. It's OK. You can have completely different opinion about things.
The question of the matter is -
Do You Want to Be Right or Do You Want to Be Fit?
Losing weight becomes possible when you make a DECISION.


Article Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...